Top 5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Skin Care Product
- Skin Care
- March 12, 2015
Selecting the right skin care product can be tricky. There are several products to choose from that claim to do the same thing. Picking the right one is important to reduce risk of unwanted reactions. To help sort out the confusion, remember these 5 simple things to consider when choosing a skin care product.
1. Your skin type – A skin care professional can help you determine your skin type, or you can determine if your skin is oily, dry, or a combination. Is your skin sensitive or a combination of dry/sensitive? It is important to know before using a product that can make your issue worse.
2. Your skin problems – Consider what problems you are trying to solve with the products. Are you trying to get rid of acne, scars, wrinkles, or large pores? Do you need a maintenance product?
3. Benefits vs. side effects – Learn about different products and the chemicals in them. Find out the benefits of using them and the possible side effects, both long and short term. You may want to consider using only organic products.
4. Compatibility – Is the product you choose part of a kit? Many product lines have similar chemicals in them. Mixing the wrong combination of products can cause each other to cancel out, leaving you with no added benefit. Make sure all of the products you use are compatible and work well together.
5. Get Advice – If you are unsure about what a product does or it’s side effects, consult an esthetician before you purchase or use the product. It is always better to be safe than sorry.
When you think it through and get professional help, you are more likely to choose the right cleanser, toner, moisturizer, exfoliator, and other skin care products. When you use the right skin care products, your skin will look fresh, radiant, natural, and beautiful.